Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Hi Everyone!


It’s been a hectic week for me, but I managed to write tons of poetry and write chapters for my novel. Though, I hoped to finish, I didn’t. I have to go back to this skeleton I created and flesh out the scenes some more. Hey, I did finish a book by Eric Maisel (which means time was not completely lost). It’s titled, “Making Your Creative Mark: Nine Keys to Achieving Your Artistic Goals” (2013).

Maisel talked a lot about finding the confidence and motivation to do what you like. He pointed out many strategies and provided case studies as examples. One thing that stood out was when he said, “Have a life (p. 195).” So to start off this week’s blog post, I want to share what I took out of it. Here goes:

Creating leads to success. The more we put in this process, the more we get out of it. That’s not all. You need to make meaning of your life as well. Take time outs, enjoy some relaxation, build relationships, etc. And when you do create, you would be able to do so (more enjoyably, too).

I’ve been thinking a lot about this. It makes sense to take some time and recharge those batteries. Writing is WORK and like all work, we should take the time to treat ourselves with some other activities that might just draw you back to what you like to do. As for me, I think I’ll take that walk. Who knows, I might come up with a host of ideas for the revamping of the chapters I completed…

No comments:

Post a Comment