Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Quote


“If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.”

--Bruce Lee

 
This is one of the many quotes I read every time I find myself struggling through my writing or career (or anything else for that matter).

Sometimes, it’s hard to pick yourself up. I’ve been there time and time again. Not knowing where to turn or what to do, but I have to ask myself: is it something I’m doing? If I don’t find time to write, how can I make some time? If teaching is not part of my future, what is? If I have more than fifty poetry or short story rejections, do I stop querying? If my friend is too busy to hang out with me, should I limit my outings to the writing group?

The big idea here is not to give up; to find that “thing” that drives you to continue.

What I’ve mentioned so far might not even be the obstacle. It could be my point of view. Maybe what I need is to start seeing my life in a new angle before I make up my mind about it. A little each day goes a long way. Maybe it could be your's too.

 

You can find a ton of info on Bruce Lee at www.brucelee.com

No comments:

Post a Comment