Monday, February 3, 2014

Writer’s Workshop 5: Night Prompt

Try the following writing prompt:

                                  In the middle of the night, I heard ___________ outside.

Tell what you heard and what you did to investigate.

 
My first thought was to do something paranormal, but I was staring at a children’s book and I got another fun idea. Here’s my attempt:


In the middle of the night, I heard a rasping sound outside. I immediately pulled my covers over my head to block it, but it didn’t work. My heart pounded with each terrible beat against the wall. I couldn’t control it. So, I mustered enough courage to check the origin of the rasp.

I threw my covers on the floor and slipped on my shoes. When I had them on, the sound got louder. I was amazed that no member of my family had woken from its clobbering, but there was no time to find out whether they had.

I rolled up the window and crawled out. I stubbed my finger with the rocks beneath and came face to face with IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment