Monday, July 28, 2014

Why I Write 7: Time = Practice

Writing takes time.

The more you write, the more you realize it takes time away from doing other things.

So, why do I do it?

For one thing, writing is part of that creative spark in my brain that pulls on my dendrites until it comes out as a story. It’s a very nagging feeling.

Second, writing is work. I like to stay busy and writing is one way I can accomplish that.

Third, any aspirations to become a well-known author begin with sitting down and writing. Again, letting those creative sparks flow out of my fingers and onto the keyboard, are what’s needed to get better. Reading lots also helps.

Giving up is not an option (though considering it doesn’t make you a bad person, just make sure to get off this ride).

Finding time to write is important. Whether it is thirty minutes or an hour, it’s all worth it at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment