Monday, August 11, 2014

Quote 9

He who waits to do a great deal of good at once, will never do anything.
-         Samuel Johnson

The first time I read this quote, I had to stop and reread it again. It got me thinking about the people I know who leave a dozen things to do in one day.

Then, I started thinking about why was that a bad thing. I know people who procrastinate and end up doing a good job.

Then again, I don’t think Mr. Johnson was talking about little projects. He might have had the idea of being kind and respectful with others. If so, we should try to understand each other a little more rather than fight.

If not, we might just end up not doing anything when something catastrophic happens. Our sympathy and aid goes a long way. I guess that’s why it’s been said: ‘a little goes a long way.’

 

No comments:

Post a Comment