Monday, March 16, 2015

Writing Endeavors 9: The End Isn’t Near

Okay. I began this blog in the hopes to reach out to others and share some of the things which interest me. I also did it to continue writing when I didn’t get a chance.

For the past months, I realized, I have written four novels! I mean, yikes! I haven’t published any of them yet (boo hoo), which isn’t saying I won’t… they’re still drafts. The creative juices keep pouring out of my head. It’s a good feeling.

I need to go back and tighten a lot. That’s another cool thing about writing these stories, I am better at dissecting my work and at recognizing most of the things that I need to change.

For instance, I tend to provide little detail to setting and sometimes I run into the problem of the ‘ping pong’ dialogue. That is, someone asks a question, the other responds, and vice versa. I need to add interruptions and such to make it more realistic.

In the meantime, I am writing another novel, and all I can say is that it’s a supernatural detective story.

I’m having the best time ever.

I do want my novels published, don’t get me wrong, but I need to feel they are complete. What good would it be if I published them the way they are? I’d be letting all the readers down.

I did manage to get some poems published! You can check them out:

“Weather” has been published on the San Gabriel Valley Poetry Quarterly, Issue 65 and “Sudden” will be published in the Altadena Poetry Review: Anthology 2015 this April.

No comments:

Post a Comment