Monday, September 19, 2016

Why I Write 11: Live Life Write Now

Last week, I completed the first draft to my fantasy novel about a different race protecting Earth, and I realized that after many years practicing the craft of writing, I have finally got to a place where I can write at different times in the day. Especially since my day job hours vary, I can always find a time to write. Of course, there are times I cannot fathom a sentence, but the muse is still there.

Getting into the querying process is probably the hardest thing about aspiring to be an author. The waiting and waiting for some kind of response to the novel queried really digs deeper and deeper into your soul. So, I keep writing. Hoping that the next one would be better.

I write because it’s part of who I am. I can have many days without writing. It has nothing to do with writer’s block (if you believe in it). It has to do with life. We’re here for a short time and the least I could do is enjoy it by creating characters and situations so others may find a break in their lives.


p.s check out my latest published poems:

            “Road Atlas” @ http://www.jellyfishwhispers.com/2016_07_01_archive.html
            “Youth” @ http://voxpoetica.com/youth

No comments:

Post a Comment