Monday, October 31, 2016

Quote 21

“Some people talk to animals. Not many listen though. That’s the problem.”
-A.A. Milne

When I read this quote, I automatically thought of my pets. One of them has a habit of ‘knocking’ on the slide door to remind me to provide a blanket or two. Another, lifts his paw during a walk so I could check what’s underneath before moving on. The other, makes multiple circles letting me know a seizure is coming on. Yep, it’s important to ‘listen’ to our beloved pets. 

But the quote isn’t only about our pets, it’s about all animals. They might not have a voice, but they do show us with their body language so we could hear. That’s where we fall short. As humans, we don’t quite understand most of those movements. The least we could do is try.

Have a safe Halloween. Keep your pets indoors. And listen to them. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment