Monday, February 13, 2017

Quote 24

“If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans.”
-James Herriot

Each time I read this quote, I glance at my dog’s picture. He passed away some time ago. I’m still healing from his departure, but I know he’s in a better place.
I say I glance at his picture because you see the happiness in his face. Anyone who has seen a picture of him says he was photogenic and smiled. I didn’t know dogs could smile, but he did. All I had to do was say his name and he would stop, look deep into the camera, open his mouth, show some teeth (sometimes the tongue would slide out), and presto!

There was an understanding between him and I that you could see in his eyes- the soul. So, I believe animals tell a lot in their faces, especially the eyes. Take a look at any pet calendar and you will see how special you feel. If you’ve ever seen adopt-s-pet commercials, you know what I’m talking about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment