Monday, June 5, 2017

Art 19: Sitting Pensive



The pose above was one I drew when I attended some Life Drawing workshops in 2011 (I know, quite a long time ago).
The model posed for ten minutes and I focused on the neck, jaw and shoulder area of the model. The trick I found that worked was to angle the lines to guide me where each body part would go, then, freely draw the body. Once that was down, which is like a skeleton, you start focusing on the areas to darken to build on the lines drawn.

Ten minutes wasn’t enough time to continue the rest of the body, but you could always finish the drawing from memory at a later time. I had been practicing drawing for a couple of days by now, and you could tell it paid off in this drawing. I liked the way it came out and would rather see it incomplete. I hope you do, too =)

No comments:

Post a Comment