Monday, July 24, 2017

Art 15: Sports Man


Back in 2014, I attended a Life Drawing workshop. This time, the model was a male. He was on the thin side and after the warm-up sketches, I decided to focus on the hands and torso during a twenty-minute pose using charcoal.
With this drawing, I drew swift and light curved lines to guide the movement of the body, then, lines to detail where the shoulders, ribs, elbows, etc. should be. Once those lines were in place, I began adding the contours for the body, muscles, and such, until I had something that resembled a man. Time was almost over, so, I began to shade areas.

For some reason, I felt really close to this drawing. Maybe it reminded me of someone or maybe the way the arms hung out of the torso are an echo of a past time. I do like the way the left side of the body was beginning to look with the shading. If I had time to go back and work on this drawing, I would accentuate that section.

Other News:
Two poems were accepted this month!
“A Passing Time” for vox poetica, July 19, 2017

 “Stranger Still” for the Spectrum 11 Issue: The Long Poem, July 2017
---not online--- purchase copies on http://spectrumpublishing.blogspot.com/2017/

No comments:

Post a Comment