Monday, July 10, 2017

Quote 26

“An animal’s eyes have the power to speak a great language.”
Martin Buber

During my wait at the vet’s office, I realized the longing some dogs have based on their eyes. Some want to play and run and meet everyone. Others, are too scared to be curious and may become aggressive. You can tell by looking at their eyes. The nervousness or the joy.
When the office staff called me up to make a payment, I left my dog with my sister. When I turned to walk back, I saw my dog’s eyes. They never left me, and as I got closer, those same honey eyes changed to a brighter hue- glad I was back, and expecting new scents, and wanting my attention (or reassurance). And this quote is true for any animal, especially those in need.

Since we’re on the topic of noticing animal’s eyes, here are a few places you may donate to or volunteer for:


No comments:

Post a Comment