Monday, August 7, 2017

Quote 27

“The more you love what you are doing, the more successful it will be for you.”
Jerry Gillies

Recent rejections really brought this quote to life. Though, most of the rejections were nice, I stared at the e-mails as if hoping I was reading something different. Then, I realized, I can’t sit and stare at the screen, I had to keep writing, keep sending queries and researching agents (many switch agencies), and keep reading.

Writing is important to me. The rejections are part of what this world is about. Nothing is for free and I shouldn’t think one query would get me in the door. I love creating characters and writing their stories too much to stop. The more I do what I do, the closer I get to the success I want.


Luckily, I have had some poetry published and a few short stories. Most of my drafts I share with you. So, if you haven’t already, take a look at them and feel free to tweet me about them @m_a_Arana. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment